Effective February 6, 2024
Amy’s Drive Thru collects information from you on its websites in two ways: 1) Personal Information provided by you on the Websites, and 2) through the use of computer cookies and other tracking technologies. For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means any information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonable be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
1. What information does Amy’s Drive Thru collect?
a. Information That You Provide Us Directly
The information we collect from you on AmysDriveThru.com may include:
- Contact Us: If you wish to send us a message on our “Contact Us” page, we will request certain information from you, such as first name, last name, email address, and location.
- Promotions and Surveys: From time to time, we may offer you the opportunity to participate in a promotion, contest, sweepstakes, giveaway, survey, or similar opportunity on our site. If you choose to participate, we will request certain Personal Information from you, such as contact and demographic information.
- Newsletter Sign-up: Amy’s Drive Thru has an electronic newsletter and may launch other electronic communications in the future. In order to receive these communications, we will request certain information from you, such as name and email address. Newsletter recipients may, from time to time, receive coupons for discounts at Amy’s Drive Thru locations. You may choose not to receive marketing emails by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of the emails we send. Even if you unsubscribe, we may send you non-marketing email in response to consumer inquiries.
- Jobs: If you wish to apply for a position at Amy’s Drive Thru through the Website, we will request certain information from you, including first name, last name, email address, and phone number to create an account through our talent acquisition vendor, iCims. iCims is committed to protecting Personal Information from security threats. See iCims’ Privacy Notice and iCims’ Cookie Notice. For more information, please see our Applicant Privacy Notice.
- You will be required to create an account to place an online order. When you sign up for an account, we will request certain information from you, including your first name, last name, mobile phone number, and email address.
- Your order history associated with your account will be stored for future ordering purposes.
- Feedback Survey: You may be asked to complete an optional feedback survey, offered through our partner, Momos.io. If you complete this survey, you may be asked to provide your location (optional), name, email address, and phone number. Surveys completed through this platform are also subject to Momos’ Terms and Conditions.
All of the information you provide to us in connection with the above features of the Website is voluntary on your part. You do not need to send us any information to use our website. However, if you elect to participate in any of the above programs, you will need to provide us with the applicable information. As detailed below, we will not use the information you provide for any other purposes or allow third parties to use such information for their own use, except to provide services you requested on our website, or as required by law.
b. Other Ways We Collect Information from You
When you visit AmysDriveThru.com, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technology.
- Cookies are small text files that are stored locally on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The information that may be collected through automated means, including cookies, includes:
- Recording and remembering your consent to cookies and other tracking technology
- IP addresses and other details of devices you use to connect with Amy’s Drive Thru
- Details about your interaction with the Website, social media platforms, or other connected services
- Operating, evaluating, and improving our business, our websites, and other products and services we offer
- Geolocation data
- Preferred language
You can view the specific cookies used on the Website and adjust your cookie settings at any time here: Cookie settings. Note that your selected cookie settings apply to this website only.
- Web beacons/clear gifs, which are small electronic files that allow us to anonymously track the online usage patterns of our users and to track when and which emails we send you are opened.
- Analytics tools, which collect information sent by your browser that let us know which pages you visit on our website. You may opt out of this tracking here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We do not link non-Personal Information with Personal Information. We use this non-Personal Information in an aggregate way to monitor usage and improve our website. These tools do not contain any personally identifiable information, such as your name or email address.
- Heat mapping and recordings (Crazy Egg, Inc.) services are used to display the areas of a page where users most frequently move the mouse or click. This shows where the points of interest are. These services make it possible to monitor and analyze Web traffic and keep track of user behavior. Crazy Egg does not collect end users’ personal information; all IP addresses and user information is anonymized. Neither Crazy Egg nor we will ever use this information to identify individual users or to match it with further data on an individual user.
- Information We Collect from Other Entities: We also collect information from other sources such as our data analytics service providers and advertising providers. We may combine this information we receive from and about you on- and offline, including personal and non-personal information collected through the Website, to help us tailor our communications to you and improve our Website and services we offer.
2. How We Use Your Information
Amy’s Drive Thru uses the information you provide or that we collect to monitor, improve, and develop new products and services and to improve your experience on the Website, social media, and other platforms. Examples include:
- Monitor and improve website performance;
- Provide you with customized content, targeted offers, and advertising on the Website, other sites, or via email, as permitted by law;
- Associate your activities, customize content, or tailor advertising across different devices and browsers that you use to access the Website or services we offer;
- Provide you with information or services you request;
- Respond to your requests, questions, and comments;
- Offer and administer promotions, sweepstakes, and contests;
- Conduct research of site visitors for use in our business and product planning and improvements;
- To create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, trends, predispositions, or attitudes;
- Generate anonymized data for further data analytics;
- Accept and evaluate job applications submitted through our recruiting portal
- Improve our overall service to you; and
- Comply with legal requirements, industry standards, and our policies.
Amy’s Drive Thru will at no time use your Personal Information for any other purposes or allow third parties to use your Personal Information for their own use, except to provide services you requested on our website, or as required by law. We DO NOT link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information. We DO NOT sell your personally identifiable information.
3. How We Share Your Information
We may share Personal Information with trusted parties, such as service providers who assist us in our business and who are only permitted to use your information in ways we have authorized or to comply with legal requirements. These trusted parties include:
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- Trusted business partners, such as companies we partner with for joint projects or promotions, and service providers, to perform a business, professional or technical support function for us;
- Advertising partners to display more relevant advertising and to manage our advertising on other sites;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Amy’s, our customers, or others;
- We may also disclose your Personal Information with your express consent.
4. How We Protect Your Information
We take precautions to protect your Personal Information once we have it. We have measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Any information submitted to Amy’s is encrypted. All Personal Information you provide us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. However, the transmission of any information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Website.
5. “Do Not Track” Notice
Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. We do not respond to these “Do Not Track” signals. We do not track your Personal Information about your online activities over time and across third party websites. We also do not authorize third parties to collect any Personal Information from you on the websites for these purposes.
6. Links to Other Websites
This website contains links to other sites, such as Paytronix, Olo, Facebook, Twitter, and other third parties, that are not owned or controlled by Amy’s Drive Thru. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy policies of such other sites so that you understand what Personal Information is being collected from you and how it will be used. Please note that if you make a data subject request pursuant to Section 8 of this Policy, Amy’s Drive Thru may not be able to delete information you have provided to these third parties.
Our website(s) may also have “plugins” (such as the Facebook “Like” button) to third party sites or offer login features (such as login with Facebook) through a third-party account. Third party plugins and login features, including their loading, operation and use, are governed by the privacy policies and terms of the third parties providing them.
Our website is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Information from children under 16. In the event we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under 16 years old without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have information from or about a child under 16, please contact the contact person identified below.
8. Privacy Rights Under Certain State Laws
Based upon the state in which you reside, you may have certain privacy rights under applicable privacy laws in your state (“State Privacy Laws”). Those rights include, with certain qualifications:
- The right to confirm whether we process your Personal Information;
- The right to access and delete certain Personal Information;
- The right to opt out of the sale or sharing of your Personal Information to third parties;
- Limit or require consent to process sensitive Personal Information (note, however, that Amy’s does not intentionally collect sensitive Personal Information, as defined by some state laws); and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Amy’s for exercising any of the privacy rights mentioned in this Policy.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request pursuant to this policy on your behalf in accordance with the State Privacy Laws. We may require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission to act on your behalf and that the authorized agent verify their identity directly with us.
9. Do Not Sell or Share My Information
In addition to the rights stated above, California residents have the right to opt out of the selling or sharing of their personal information. You can opt out of the sale or sharing of your personal information for targeted advertising online by enabling an opt out preference signal for a browser or plug-in that makes it clear that the signal is meant to have the effect of opting you out of the sale and sharing of your personal information. To opt out of online and offline selling or sharing, please indicate your preference via the pop-up cookie banner or visit our request portal here. Note that Amy’s Drive Thru does not actively sell or share your personal information with third parties.
10. Changes to this Policy
We may need to change this Policy from time to time. When we do, we will post a notice on our webpage. Your continued use of this website, after the effective date of the change notice, will mean you accept any such changes. To ensure you are reviewing the most current version of this Policy, we will post the effective date at the top of the page.
11. Contact Us
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact 1-800-643-0570 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.